Color image of the Harrington-Merrill House, 2011.

South elevation

The Harrington-Merrill House, 2011.

Color image of the Harrington-Merrill House, 2011.

West elevation

The Harrington-Merrill House, 2011.

Map of the Harrington-Merrill House site, 2011.

Map of the Harrington-Merrill House site

Map of the Harrington-Merrill House site, 2011.

Black and white photograph of Lewis H. Merrill and his dog Mack at the backdoor of the Harrington-Merrill House, 1900.

Lewis H. Merrill and Mack at backdoor, Hutchinson

Lewis H. Merrill and his dog Mack at the backdoor of the Harrington-Merrill House, 1900.

Black and white photograph of Hutchinson High School class at Harrington-Merrill House, Hutchinson, 1900.

Hutchinson High School class of 1900 at Merrill House, Hutchinson

Hutchinson High School class at Harrington-Merrill House, Hutchinson, 1900.

Black and white photograph of the Harrington House, c.1875.

Harrington House

The Harrington House, c.1875.

Black and white photograph of Harrington-Merrill house with Harry Merrill standing in the foreground, 1890.

Harry L. Merrill residence, Hutchinson

Harrington-Merrill house with Harry Merrill standing in the foreground, 1890.

Harrington-Merrill House, Hutchinson

The Harrington-Merrill House is the oldest wood-framed structure in Hutchinson and one of the oldest in McLeod County. Lewis Harrington was one of Hutchinson's founders. Harry Merrill, who served as superintendent of schools for thirty-three years, was likely the most important educator in the town's history.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Architecture