Engravings of Dred Scott amd Harriet Robinson Scott that appeared in the June 27, 1857 edition of Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper.
Lawrence Taliaferro’s hand-drawn map of Fort Snelling and vicinity, 1835.
Lithograph of Fort Snelling made by Seth Eastman in 1833, three years before Dred Scott was brought to the post by his owner, George Emerson.
Oil-on-canvas portrait of Indian Agent Lawrence Taliaferro painted c.1830.
Engraving of Eliza and Lizzie Scott that appeared in the June 27, 1857 edition of Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper.
Engraving made in 1863 of the exterior of St. Joseph’s Academy. Image reproduced by Claussen's Studio of St. Paul and used courtesy of the archives of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, St. Paul Province.
Oil on canvas painting of Governor Samuel R. Van Sant, 1905. Painting by artist Herbert G. Connor.
Oil-on-canvas portrait of Ignatius Donnelly, 1891. Painted by artist Nicholas Richard Brewer.
Colored print illustrating the home of Ignatius Donnelly in Nininger, Minnesota, 1874.
One of ninety-eight hand-painted scenic drops used for Scottish and York rites inside Winona's Masonic Temple.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .