A gilded quadriga sculpture group titled "The Progress of the State" stands like a sentinel over the front façade of the Minnesota State Capitol. Architect Cass Gilbert commissioned Daniel Chester French, best known for the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., to do the work. He sculpted the chariot and human figures, and animal sculptor Edward Clark Potter created the horses. The Quadriga (Latin for "four-horse chariot") has greeted Capitol visitors since its installation in December 1906.
Composite image of “Native Girl Lost,” a four-panel painting by Chicano artist Jimmy Longoria. The painting was created and installed in 2015 as a direct-contact inkjet original in the offices of the Bush Foundation in St. Paul.
Papier-mâché vejigante mask made by Puerto Rican-Minnesotan artist and musician Ricardo Gómez c.1995. The mask was originally worn with an accompanying jump suit at parades, festivals, and performances of Gómez's Bomba & Plena group, Proyecto La Plena. The vejigante is a Puerto Rican folklore character that appears in many festival celebrations.
Watercolor of 1868 Fort Ripley by Col. Edward G. Bush (1838–1892). Painted by Bush in 1880 upon revisiting the fort that he commanded September 1868 to May 1869 while a thirty-year-old captain. The painting depicts the fort as he remembered it in 1868.