A gilded quadriga sculpture group titled "The Progress of the State" stands like a sentinel over the front façade of the Minnesota State Capitol. Architect Cass Gilbert commissioned Daniel Chester French, best known for the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., to do the work. He sculpted the chariot and human figures, and animal sculptor Edward Clark Potter created the horses. The Quadriga (Latin for "four-horse chariot") has greeted Capitol visitors since its installation in December 1906.
Composite image of “Native Girl Lost,” a four-panel painting by Chicano artist Jimmy Longoria. The painting was created and installed in 2015 as a direct-contact inkjet original in the offices of the Bush Foundation in St. Paul.