Map of the Split Rock Lighthouse historic site c.2010.
Photograph of Split Rock Lighthouse by Eugene Debs Becker taken in August of 1959.
Assistant keeper Tom Hassing stands next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.
Photograph of Split Rock Lighthouse. Norton & Peel, September 1, 1939.
Photograph of fog signal equipment (gasoline air compressors) inside Split Rock Lighthouse. Date unknown.
Photograph of Split Rock Station c.1930.
Photograph of first assistant (and eventual head light keeper) Franklin J. Covell standing next to the Split Rock Lighthouse lens c.1920.
Photograph of Split Rock Light Station and a tram car c.1916.
United States Light House Service uniform hat worn by Orren Young, the first head light keeper at Split Rock Light Station. Young wore the hat between 1910 and 1928.
Photograph of Split Rock Lighthouse being built c.1909.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .