Magazine advertisement from Good Health magazine, July 1919, published by Dr. John Harvey Kellogg.
Assembly line at Ry-Krisp factory, Minneapolis, 1955.
Two men by a mixer, Ry-Krisp factory, 1949.
Ry-Krisp Company, 824-830 Sixth Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, c. 1925.
In 1904, immigrant baker Arvid Peterson gave a Swedish-styled cracker a modern American name and the country's been eating Ry-Krisp ever since. Minneapolis has also been the one and only location where the product is made.
A Barclay Brick and Tile Company locomotive pulls three railcars filled with clay from the Zumbrota factory's pit.
Miners at a Claybank pit near Goodhue fill steam-shovel buckets with clay, c.1910.
Red Wing Sewer Pipe factory employees with some of their wares stacked and ready for shipment, c.1910.
Miners pose next to a rural Goodhue County clay pit, c.1905.
Workers load sewer pipe into boxcars near the West Main Street location of the Red Wing Sewer Pipe Factory, c.1900.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .