Black and white photograph of Red Wing, c.1870.

Red Wing

The Mississippi River location of Red Wing, the Goodhue County seat, made it an early shipping point for Minnesota wheat. This photo of the city riverfront shows grain barges at anchorage, c.1870.

Black and white photograph of Crag on "Point-no-Point Bluff at Frontenac, c.1870.

Crag on "Point-no-Point" Bluff at Frontenac

The Lakeside Hotel and scenic Lake Pepin, a widening of the Mississippi, is pictured, c.1870. With its cooler summer temperatures, the Lakeside drew tourists from around the nation, particularly the South.

Overview of Goodhue County History

In March 1853 Goodhue County was created by Minnesota's territorial legislature. It was formed from the original Wabasha County, which lay between the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers.

Color image of Album Sleeve (back), Paisley Park Records

Album Sleeve (back), Paisley Park Records

Album sleeve for 45 rpm (7 inch)vinyl record of U Got the Look/Housequake released by Paisley Park Records, 1987.

Color image of Album Sleeve (front), Paisley Park Records

Album Sleeve (front), Paisley Park Records

Album sleeve for 45 rpm (7 inch) vinyl record of U Got the Look/Housequake released by Paisley Park Records, 1987.

Black and white photograph of old farmstead and Paisley Park, Chanhassen, MN

Old farmstead and Paisley Park, Chanhassen, MN

Photograph taken of part of Chanhassen including Paisley Park, as part of the Suburban Documentation Project, 1991. Photographer: Christopher C. Faust.

Paisley Park Studios

Home to many historically significant people and places, Carver County's possibly best-known are recording artist Prince and his Paisley Park Studios. Located in what were Chanhassen cornfields, the site was a key location in Minnesota's music industry. In its heyday, it drew artists and musicians from around the world. Though no longer in business, it still draws the eye of travelers along Highway 5 in Chanhassen.

Map of Split Rock Station

Map of Split Rock Station

Map of the Split Rock Lighthouse historic site c.2010.

Black and white photograph of Split Rock Lighthouse by Eugene Debs Becker taken in August of 1959.

Split Rock Lighthouse

Photograph of Split Rock Lighthouse by Eugene Debs Becker taken in August of 1959.

Black and white photograph of Assistant keeper Tom Hassing standing next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.

Tom Hassing at Split Rock Lighthouse

Assistant keeper Tom Hassing stands next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Business and Industry