Color image of the plaque marking the location of St. Paul's Central Park, now the site of a parking lot at 54 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Central Park plaque

The plaque marking the location of St. Paul's Central Park, now the site of a parking lot at 54 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., 2014. Photograph by Paul Nelson.

The last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park, 1960.

Last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park

The last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park, 1960.

Black and white photograph of St. Paul's Central Park, c.1956. Its view looks south along Central Park Place West; the former Blood mansion is in the foreground.

St. Paul's Central Park, former Blood mansion is in the foreground

St. Paul's Central Park, c.1956. Its view looks south along Central Park Place West; the former Blood mansion is in the foreground.

Black and white aerial photograph by R.E. Nielsen of St. Paul's Central Park, c.1955.

Aerial photograph of St. Paul's Central Park

Aerial photograph by R.E. Nielsen of St. Paul's Central Park, c.1955. The scuffed open space is the much-degraded Central Park. Near the top, the Minnesota Historical Society and Mechanic Arts High School.

Black and white photograph of the wading pool being built in Central Park, 1929.

Constructing the wading pool, Central Park, St. Paul

Building the wading pool in St. Paul's Central Park, 1929. The view is south-southeast. Photograph by the St. Paul Dispatch and Pioneer Press.

Tinted photographic postcard on paper. Its view faces northwest across Central Park toward the (then new) State Capitol, c.1915.

View of the State Capitol and Central Park, St. Paul

Tinted photographic postcard on paper. Its view faces northwest across Central Park toward the (then new) State Capitol, c.1915.

Black and white photograph looking northwest across Central Park, St. Paul, c.1900.

Looking northwest across Central Park, St. Paul

Looking northwest across the park, c.1900. The turreted house near the center is, or are, the Hardenbergh and Blood mansions, a double house designed by Clarence H. Johnston. To the right, at the north end of the park is the Uri Lamprey house, which predated the park. The west wing Minnesota Judicial Center now occupies that site.

Black and white photograph of Central Park Place East, with the James Humphrey House and the Gustave Schurmeier rowhouses, c.1900.

Central Park, St. Paul with the James Humphrey House and the Gustave Schurmeier rowhouses

Photograph of Central Park Place East, with the James Humphrey House and the Gustave Schurmeier rowhouses, c.1900.

Black and white photograph of St. Paul's Central Park fountain, c.1898.

Central Park fountain, St. Paul

Photograph of St. Paul's Central Park fountain, c.1898.

Black and white photograph looking south across the park, 1898.

Bird's Eye View of Central Park, St. Paul

Looking south across the park, 1898. The big apartment building is the Macey. The steeple belongs to Central Park Methodist Church.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Cities and Towns