15th Minnesota Volunteers at Camp McKenzie.

15th Minnesota Volunteers at Camp McKenzie

Officers of the Fifteenth Regiment at Fort McKenzie, c.1898.

15th regiment moved from Camp Ramsey on the State Fairgrounds to try and control the spread of typhoid fever.

15th regiment moved from Camp Ramsey on the State Fairgrounds to try and control the spread of typhoid fever

Temporary dwellings of the Fifteenth Regiment after abandoning the Fairgrounds, c.1898.

1898 Typhoid Epidemic

In 1898, four hundred members of the Fifteenth Minnesota Volunteer Infantry were hospitalized with typhoid after camping at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. U.S. Army surgeons decided the epidemic's source was the public water of Minneapolis.

Sister Kenny's Polio Solution

In this brief radio documentary, MN90 producer Andi McDaniel learns how Aussie-Minnesotan Elizabeth Kenny revolutionized polio care.

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Sister Kenny Foundation seals used for fundraising campaign, 3 different presentations, date unknown.

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Sister Kenny Foundation seals used for fundraising campaign, 3 different presentations, date unknown.

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Seals, Sister Kenny Foundation

Sister Kenny Foundation seals used for fundraising campaign, 3 different presentations, date unknown.

Therapist assists elderly stroke victim with a walker, Abbott-Northwestern Hospital, Sister Kenny Pavilion.

Therapist assists elderly stroke victim with a walker, Abbott-Northwestern Hospital, Sister Kenny Pavilion

Therapist assists elderly stroke patient with a walker, Abbott-Northwestern Hospital, Sister Kenny Pavilion. 2/21/1981.

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Health and Medicine