Minneapolis's oldest synagogue, Temple Israel (originally named Shaarai Tov), was founded in 1878. By 2012, over two thousand member families belonged to the temple, making it one of the largest Jewish congregations in the United States.
Rabbis Herman M. Cohen and Bernard S. Raskas prepare burned sacred articles for burial at the Temple of Aaron fire site, Ashland and Grotto, St. Paul. Photographed by a St. Paul newspaper photographer in 1952.
Photograph taken at a 1952 ceremony marking the start of construction of an addition to Sons of Jacob Synagogue in St. Paul. Present are Rabbi Morris C. Katz, Morris B. Kuller, Samuel Neren, and Joseph Adelman.