Photograph taken on December 27, 1889 of the interior of the second Cathedral of St. Paul decorated for the consecration of three bishops: Father John Shanley, Father Joseph Cotter, and Father James McGolrick.
Expert Essay: Doug Rossinow, Professor of History at Metropolitan State University, discusses the faith-based traditions, leaders, and organizations that have shaped the history of religion in Minnesota.
Founded in 1922, Beth El was the last synagogue to be formed on the North Side of Minneapolis. It was the only one to affiliate with Judaism's Conservative movement. In the 1960s, Beth El, like other North Side synagogues (all of them Orthodox), moved to St. Louis Park.
Photograph of Reverend Bernt J. Muus c.1880. Muus was a leading nineteenth century Norwegian-American Lutheran clergyman whose legal and personal clashes with his wife, Oline Pind Muus, led the couple to court in the early 1880s.