A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Wooden streetcar sign with carved black lettering on each side, installed at the corner of Lexington and St. Clair by the St. Paul City Railway Company, c.1920.
Twin City Rapid Transit Company brass bell used on TCRT streetcar no. 1302, 1908.
Minneapolis Street Railway Company trade token, 1945–1949.
President's Conference Committee (PCC) streetcar #419, July 27, 1953. Photographed by John Runk, Jr.
Interior of a President's Conference Committee (PCC) streetcar, September 5, 1953. Photographed by John Runk, Jr.
Twin City Rapid Transit Company Express boat Hopkins on Lake Minnetonka, c. 1908.
Interurban streetcar station (White Bear Lake), Wildwood Amusement Park, c.1915.
Trolley track removal, Fourth and Wabasha, St. Paul, April 12, 1955.
Last day of streetcar service in Minneapolis, June 18, 1954.
Looking north on France Avenue at Forty-Sixth Street as the last streetcar to run on France between Forty-Forth Street and Fifty-Forth Street passes the work crew that is about to tear up the track, August 10, 1952.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .