A Graham Hall report card, 1908. Josephine Harper, who went on to study at Wellesley College in Massachusetts, achieved mostly “excellent” scores and one “very good” score. Image is from the Margaret and Stanley Harper papers, 1804–1988; Manuscript Collection, Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul.
These three residential buildings comprised the campus of Graham Hall from 1902–1915. They were located on First Avenue in Minneapolis, just south of downtown, between Eighteenth and Nineteenth Streets. Image is from the Graham Hall annual catalog, 1909–1910.
From 1900–1915, the girls’ preparatory school Graham Hall catered to well-to-do Minneapolis families with an elite pre-college curriculum. The school also offered a general course of study and elementary education. Graham Hall was eventually reincorporated under a board of trustees as the Northrop Collegiate School for Girls, which, in turn, became a part of the Blake School.