A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
A gneiss cliffside in Morton, 2016. Photograph by Paul Nelson.
Ard Godfrey operated this mill on Minnehaha Creek below the falls before the land was acquired as a park. Photograph c.1889.
Gold Medal Flour and WCCO sign, c.1925.
Gold Medal Flour Bag, c.1930s.
Gold Star Mothers Club, 1935. Photograph by Benjamin C. Golling.
The Dakota leader Good Thunder (seated) and his family. Photographed at the Lower Sioux Dakota community in Redwood County c.1900.
The Goodhue County Courthouse, 1972. Governor Floyd B. Olson officiated at the opening of the new Goodhue County Courthouse in January 1932. It is still in use today.
Cannon Falls' updated Goodhue Mill, which was among the county's leading flour producers, beside the Cannon River, 1909.
Exterior of Goodsell Observatory, 1891. Photographer: John Runk.
"Government ship canal during a storm, Duluth, Minn." Postcard c.1910.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .