Duluth & Iron Range Railroad Locomotive #46 (built in 1888) with log train at Endion Depot.
Ilmar Koivunen (right) with Ernest Tomberg, 1938. Koivunen became president of the Timber Workers Union in 1937.
Factory production of cellulose tape, 1931.
Residence of John M. Bayard, section 26, Mount Pleasant Township, Wabasha County from An Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Minnesota, 1874.
Description: Southdale Center, Seventieth and France, Edina, ca. 1958.
"Fight Polio" poster for Sister Kenny Institute on light pole, downtown Minneapolis. 1950.
"Human Guinea Pigs" -- A 1945 Associated Press photo from an article about conscientious objectors' service shows Keys's subjects under study on the treadmill, toward the end of the year-long starvation project.
Charles Biederman sculpture from 1956-68. Painted metal; size: 32 x 45 x 5½ in.
Sculpture by Charles Biederman. #6 / 1975 / 1976
Brass carbide bicycle lamp patented in 1899, c.1900.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .