Rabbi Herman Cohen and Cantor Maurice Goldberg at a Temple of Aaron memorial service in observance of Tishar B'ab. Photographed in 1942.
Rabbis Herman M. Cohen and Bernard S. Raskas prepare burned sacred articles for burial at the Temple of Aaron fire site, Ashland and Grotto, St. Paul. Photographed by a St. Paul newspaper photographer in 1952.
Railway Mail Service clerks load mail bags onto a Great Northern Railway Post Office car at the St. Paul Union Depot, 1949. Photographer: St. Paul Dispatch and Pioneer Press.
Portrait of Ramsay Crooks
Rebuilding the turbine wheel house on Lincoln Mill in Anoka. Postcard, 1918.
The reception and waiting room, Foshay Tower Corporation, Minneapolis, 1931.
Red pepper canister, J.R. Watkins, Winona, Minnesota, 1913-1920.
This late 1860s photograph shows barges along Red Wing's Mississippi River waterfront awaiting wheat for shipment to customers downriver.
Frances Densmore’s father Benjamin and his brother Daniel started Red Wing Iron Works in 1866. Its financial success allowed the family to support her studies at Oberlin Conservatory of Music.
Red Wing Ironworks built in 1866
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .