Portrait of Charles Alfred Pillsbury c.1880.
Pilot Knob c. 1846-1848, where the Treaty of Mendota was signed on August 5, 1851.
Advertising for the Pillsbury-Washburn Flour Mills Co., c.1900.
Pince-nez eyeglasses worn by Minnesota Governor John A. Johnson.
Pine Cheese Mart, a retail sales operation shown here in 1971, preserved Pine Island’s reputation as a cheese-making center.
The entrance to the village of Pine Island, photographed in the 1920s.
By the early 1900s, Goodhue County had emerged as Minnesota's leading cheese producer. The county's southeast district around Pine Island, including Pine Island Cheese Company was a production leader, 1937.
Photograph of the Pine Island Cheese Factory. In the early twentieth century it was at the heart of Minnesota’s cheese-making industry.
Pine river dam in 1906 following renovations.
Members of Pioneer Maennerchor, 1870s or 1880s.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .