A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
The second Mikro Kodesh Synagogue, 1004 Oliver Avenue North, Minneapolis, 1937. Photographer: Minneapolis Star Journal Tribune.
The first Mikro Kodesh Synagogue, 720 Oak Lake Avenue, Minneapolis, c.1910.
This program was distributed at a commencement ceremony of the Military Intelligence Service Language School at Fort Snelling, 1945.
Military land warrant used by William Thiele to buy part of New Ulm at the Winona Land Office, c.1856 (the patent was issued in 1858).
Monument to millers killed in the Washburn A Mill explosion in 1878, Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis.
Miners and a car in the pit, Soudan Mine, 1890.
Miners at Troy Mine outside the town of Eveleth on the Mesabi Iron Range, c.1905.
Miniature birchbark makak (Ojibwe storage basket) decorated in floral motifs employing colored cord and yarn. The makak is filled with maple sugar.
A miniature train ride for children at Wonderland, c.1906.
The boom town of Merritt (not named by the Merritts) that sprang up near the Biwabik Mine, 1892.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .