The children of Franklin School being escorted across the street by school police, St. Paul.

The children of Franklin School being escorted across the street by school police, St. Paul.

Children being led across the street in a snowstorm, c.1937.

Painting of the Eighth Minnesota Infantry (Mounted) in the Battle of Ta-Ha-Kouty (Killdeer Mountain)

The Eighth Minnesota Infantry (Mounted) in the Battle of Ta-Ha-Kouty (Killdeer Mountain)

The Eighth Minnesota was mounted during Sully's expedition. Here they fight dismounted at the battle of Killdeer Mountain, July 28, 1864. Every fourth man is positioned in the rear as a horse holder. Oil on canvas painting by Carl Ludwig Boeckmann c. 1910.

Photograph of the Gág family home at 200 South German Street in New Ulm. Taken by Anton Gág c.1890.

The Gág family home

Photograph of the Gág family home at 200 South German Street in New Ulm. Taken by Anton Gág c.1890.

The Glen by Moonlight

The Glen by Moonlight

Alexis J. Fournier painting "The Glen by Moonlight," c.1890.

Black and white photograph of the the Hesper at Manitowoc, c.1900

The Hesper at Manitowoc, c.1900

Starboard bow view in river at Manitowoc, c.1900

Black and white photograph of the Hesper, c.1900.

The Hesper, c.1900

Starboard bow view of the Hesper in St. Mary's River, c.1900.

The LeDuc house, Hastings

The LeDuc house, Hastings

An 1879 view of William LeDuc's fanciful Gothic Revival house, which still stands in Hastings. Photograph by J.H. Proctor.

Color image of the Minnesota Building, 2009.

The Minnesota Building

The Minnesota Building, 2009. Photograph by Thomas R. Zahn.

Black and white advertisement for the Minnesota State Fair, 1878.

The Minnesota State Fair, At St.Paul.

1878 advertisement featuring the Minnesota State Fair.

aerial photograph of Mesabi Iron Company plant

The old Babbitt plant of the Mesabi Iron Company was enlarged and rebuilt for use as a test plant by Reserve Mining Company in 1951-52. It operated from 1952-57 producing taconite pellets.

The old Babbitt plant of the Mesabi Iron Company was enlarged and rebuilt for use as a test plant by Reserve Mining Company in 1951-52. It operated from 1952-57 producing taconite pellets.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia