President Lyndon B. Johnson visited the falls during a campaign stop, June 27, 1964. At left is Minnesota Governor Karl Rolvaag. Behind the president is Minnesota U.S. Senator Hubert H. Humphrey, whom Johnson would choose as his vice-presidential running mate later that summer.
Procession leaving the Basilica of St. Mary for the dedication of the statue of Father Louis Hennepin at Hennepin and Superior avenues in Minneapolis. Photograph by the Minneapolis Journal, October 12, 1930.
Cover of a brochure published by Swift & Company, a national meatpacker and margarine producer with operations in St. Paul. Image is from the Davis, Kellogg & Severance Law Firm Records, 1878–1941, Minnesota Historical Society.