Fort Ripley in the early 1870s

Black and white photograph of Fort Ripley in the early 1870s.

Description

Fort Ripley in the early 1870s. The somewhat taller structure to the rear left is the newly built hospital and headquarters, which replaced the one that burned down in July 1870. The fort’s three six-pounder brass cannons are pointed at the river.

Holding Location

Minnesota Historical Society

Articles

Topics