Photograph of the Ramsey District #28 School House after it was repurposed as the Ramsey Town Hall. Photographer unknown, ca. 1970s. Public domain.

Ramsey Town Hall (rear view)

Photograph of the Ramsey District #28 School House after it was repurposed as the Ramsey Town Hall. Photographer unknown, ca. 1970s. Public domain.

Photograph of the Ramsey District #28 School House after it was repurposed as the Ramsey Town Hall. Photographer unknown, ca. 1970s.

Ramsey Town Hall (front view)

Photograph of the Ramsey District #28 School House after it was repurposed as the Ramsey Town Hall. Photographer unknown, ca. 1970s.

District 28 School / Ramsey Town Hall

Originally built in 1892, the Ramsey School House served Anoka County’s School District #28 until the mid-twentieth century, when the schools in the county were consolidated. The building was then repurposed as the Ramsey Town Hall.

University of Minnesota Homecoming display with Ku Klux Klan banner, ca. 1923.

University of Minnesota Homecoming display

University of Minnesota Homecoming display with Ku Klux Klan banner, ca. 1923.

Classroom in the education building (Building 7), CCC Camp Rabideau F-50. Photo by Jerry  Mathiason, 1994. From box 1 (144.G.8.4F) of Historic American Buildings Survey records related to Minnesota structures, 1882-2001, 1883. Manuscripts Collection, Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul.

Education building at Camp Rabideau (interior)

Classroom in the education building (Building 7), CCC Camp Rabideau F-50. Photo by Jerry
Mathiason, 1994. From box 1 (144.G.8.4F) of Historic American Buildings Survey records related to Minnesota structures, 1882-2001, 1883. Manuscripts Collection, Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul.

Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Rabideau F-50

Camp Rabideau is a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) site established as part of the “New Deal” in 1933 to help alleviate unemployment during the Depression. Located in Beltrami County, it operated until 1942. It later became a satellite campus for University of Illinois forestry and engineering students; a Native American learning center; and an educational center for Chippewa National Forest visitors.

Old Main, St. Olaf College, Northfield, ca. 1890. Photographer: Ole G. Felland. Used with the permission of St. Olaf College Archives.

Old Main building, St. Olaf College

Old Main, St. Olaf College, Northfield, ca. 1890. Photographer: Ole G. Felland. Used with the permission of St. Olaf College Archives.

Quie, Halvor Halvorson (1834–1919)

An early settler-colonist in Wheeling Township (Rice County), Norwegian immigrant Halvor Quie is often remembered as a member of the Second Company of Minnesota Sharpshooters during the Civil War. He was instrumental in local religious and educational affairs and offered lasting support to St. Olaf College.

Flyer advertising Tagalog classes

Flyer advertising Tagalog classes

Cultural Society of Filipino Americans’ advertising flyer for Tagalog classes, 2019. Used with the permission of the Cultural Society of Filipino Americans of Minnesota.

FMA members attending a workshop at the University of Minnesota, 1957.

Fil-Minnesotan Association members

FMA members attending a workshop at the University of Minnesota, 1957.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Education