Assistant keeper Tom Hassing stands next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.
Unedited KSTP-TV footage of the Tower-Soudan iron mine in 1979, including interior and exterior views and shots of the Engine House, elevator shaft, mine workers and mine visitors.
Miners at the Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, lower level, 1963.
Train crossing the Stone Arch Bridge, with the milling district in the background, c.1910.
A stone marking the site of the treaty, photograph taken c. 1950.
A view showing patients wrapped in cool blankets after receiving a mud-wrap.
An image showing how some of the mud-wrap treatments worked.
Painting by Frank B. Mayer, a witness to the negotiations and signing of the Treaty of Traverse des Sioux, 1885.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .