To Remember Dan Patch, a sculpture of Dan Patch commissioned by his owner, Marion Savage, and created by Alexander Stirling Calder Sr. between 1912 and 1915.
Assistant keeper Tom Hassing stands next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.
Unedited KSTP-TV footage of the Tower-Soudan iron mine in 1979, including interior and exterior views and shots of the Engine House, elevator shaft, mine workers and mine visitors.
Miners at the Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, lower level, 1963.
Trader Andrew Myrick, c.1860.
Train crossing the Stone Arch Bridge, with the milling district in the background, c.1910.
Training boy at Artificial Limb Company Minneapolis, c.1930.
A stone marking the site of the treaty, c.1950.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .