One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture flanking the south entrance doors of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on April 13, 2008.

Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" sculpture panel

One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture flanking the south entrance doors of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on April 13, 2008.

One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture over the north entrance of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on June 1, 2008.

Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" sculpture panel

One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture over the north entrance of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on June 1, 2008.

Color photograph taken by Paul Nelson on April 24, 2014 of Carl Milles's "God of Peace" statue inside the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse.

Carl Milles's Vision of Peace

Photograph taken by Paul Nelson on April 24, 2014 of Carl Milles's Vision of Peace statue (originally called Indian God of Peace) inside the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse.

Black and white photograph taken by Norton and Peel on September 12, 1938 of Carl Milles's "God of Peace" statue inside the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse.

Carl Milles's God of Peace

Photograph taken by Norton and Peel on September 12, 1938 of Carl Milles's God of Peace statue (later renamed Vision of Peace) inside the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse.

Color postcard view of the third Ramsey County courthouse, also used as St. Paul's City Hall, c.1935.

Third Ramsey County Courthouse

Postcard view of the third Ramsey County courthouse, also used as St. Paul's City Hall, c.1935.

Oil-on-canvas painting of the first Ramsey County courthouse. Painted by Alexis Jean Fournier in 1888.

First Ramsey County Courthouse

Oil-on-canvas painting of the first Ramsey County courthouse. Painted by Alexis Jean Fournier in 1888.

Oil on canvas painting of Charles W. Borup, 1856. Borup was a cautious investor and partner in the St. Paul Bank Borup and Oakes. After the panic ruined him financially he jumped from a bridge into the Mississippi River.Oil on canvas painting of Charles W. Borup, 1856. Borup was a cautious investor and partner in the St. Paul bank Borup and Oakes. After the panic ruined him financially he jumped from a bridge into the Mississippi River.

Charles W. Borup

Oil on canvas painting of Charles W. Borup, 1856. Borup was a cautious investor and partner in the St. Paul bank Borup and Oakes. After the panic ruined him financially he jumped from a bridge into the Mississippi River.

Color image of an oil on canvas painting of William Rainey Marshall, 1881.

Governor William Marshall

Oil on canvas painting of William Rainey Marshall, 1881.

Black and white publicity photograph (taken c.1930) showing arts and crafts activates for kids enrolled at "Stay at Home Camp," a summer camp developed by the Jewish Center Activities Association, for the growing number of families joining the J. E. C.

Girls doing activities at the Jewish Educational Center, Saint Paul

A publicity photograph (taken c.1930) showing arts and crafts activates for kids enrolled at "Stay at Home Camp," a summer camp developed by the Jewish Center Activities Association, for the growing number of families joining the J. E. C. The J. C. A. A. was the Jewish Education Center's programming arm.

St. Paul, Minnesota

Graphite drawing of St. Paul by Seth Eastman, 1848.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Arts