1916 plat map of the Flats, except the northeast portion. The main north-south streets were, left to right, Wabasha, Robert, and State. Plat Book of Saint Paul Minn. and Suburbs. Philadelphia: G.M. Hopkins & Co., 1916.
From the 1850s to the 1960s, St. Paul’s West Side Flats was a poor, immigrant neighborhood, heavily Jewish and frequently flooded. In the early 1960s all residents were moved out to make way for an industrial park.