Color image of Carson Mennonite Brethren Church, Delft, Minnesota (1949–2005). Photograph ca. 2000s.

Carson Mennonite Brethren Church

Carson Mennonite Brethren Church, Delft, Minnesota (1949–2005), ca. 2000s.

Map of the homesteads of members of the Carson Mennonite Brethren Church.

Map of the homesteads of members of the Carson Mennonite Brethren Church

Map showing the locations of the homesteads of Heinrich Ewert and Johann Wiebe, original members of the Carson Mennonite Brethren Church, date unknown. Printed in Elaine Kroeker’s A Culture of Call: The Story of the Carson Mennonite Brethren Church (Free Press Books, 2014).

Black and white photograph of Bingham Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (1885–1949); date unknown.

Bingham Lake Mennonite Brethren Church

Bingham Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (1885–1949); date unknown. The first part of the building was completed in 1885, the second in 1892.

Mennonite Migration to Cottonwood County

Believing that war and violence are inconsistent with Jesus’s teachings to love one’s enemies, a group of people from Molotschna Colony, Russia—Mennonites of Dutch descent—searched for a permanent home in the early 1870s. They found such a place, where they could follow their faith without persecution, in Minnesota’s Cottonwood County.

Color image of a silver cross pendant found at the Réaume site, 2012.

Silver cross pendant found at the Réaume site

Silver cross pendant found at the Réaume site, 2012. It is similar to those recovered at other late eighteenth-century trading posts. Photograph by Don Hoffmann.

Black and white photograph of the senior usher board, St. Peter’s AME Church, Minneapolis, ca. 1960.

Senior usher board, St. Peter’s AME Church

Senior usher board, St. Peter’s AME Church, Minneapolis, ca. 1960.

Black and white photograph of the Congregation in front of Pilgrim Baptist Church on opening day (December 16, 1927), 732 West Central Avenue, St. Paul.

Congregation of Pilgrim Baptist Church

Congregation in front of Pilgrim Baptist Church on opening day (December 16, 1927), 732 West Central Avenue, St. Paul.

Color image of Anna and Lena Ewert posing with a quilt they made and donated to the Tabor College Carson Center quilt auction, 2009.

Anna and Lena Ewert

Anna and Lena Ewert posing with a quilt they made and donated to the Tabor College Carson Center quilt auction, 2009.

Black and white photograph of Edna G. Gerdes, missionary to India, ca. 1970.

Edna G. Gerdes

Edna G. Gerdes, missionary to India, ca. 1970.

Black and white photograph of John A. Wiebe and Viola Bergthold Wiebe, missionaries to India, ca. 1970.

John A. Wiebe and Viola Bergthold Wiebe

John A. Wiebe and Viola Bergthold Wiebe, missionaries to India, ca. 1970.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Religion and Belief