Beth Jacob Congregation

Color photograph of the exterior of Beth Jacob Congregation c. 2012 by Lee Prohofsky.

Beth Jacob Congregation, Mendota Heights

Beth Jacob Congregation is a Conservative synagogue located in Mendota Heights. It was formed in 1985 when Sons of Jacob, St. Paul's second-oldest synagogue, merged with a group of young worshipers who came together in 1984.

Black-and-white photograph of Temple of Aaron's 1968 confirmation class.

Temple of Aaron 1968 confirmation class

Black-and-white photograph of Temple of Aaron's 1968 confirmation class.

Black and white photograph of firefighters fighting the blaze at St. Paul's Temple of Aaron in 1952.

Temple of Aaron fire, 744 Ashland, St. Paul.

Firefighters fight the blaze at St. Paul's Temple of Aaron in 1952.

Black-and-white photograph of Rabbi Bernard Raskas.

Rabbi Bernard Raskas

Black-and-white photograph of Rabbi Bernard Raskas.

Black-and-white photograph of the Temple of Aaron's religious school in 1918.

School at Temple of Aaron

Black-and-white photograph of the Temple of Aaron's religious school in 1918.

Black-and-white matted photograph of the exterior of Temple of Aaron in 1916.

Temple of Aaron

Black-and-white matted photograph of the exterior of Temple of Aaron in 1916.

Black-and-white photograph of the interior of the Temple of Aaron during a worship service c.1960.

Temple of Aaron

Black-and-white photograph of the interior of the Temple of Aaron during a worship service c.1960.

Temple of Aaron, St. Paul

By 1910, some of St. Paul's Eastern European Jews had moved from their original immigrant neighborhoods in Lowertown and the West Side to the Cathedral Hill district. A group of Orthodox men met that year to discuss creating a new congregation there. It would conserve traditional Jewish practices, but modernize them to appeal to the next generation.

Black and white photograph of the front exterior of B'nai Abraham Congregation taken in 1922.

B'nai Abraham Congregation, Minneapolis

Photograph of the front exterior of B'nai Abraham Congregation taken in 1922. The building, at the corners of Ninth Street and Thirteenth Avenue South in Minneapolis, was originally a Methodist church.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Religion and Belief